UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor oncu
Visitor

XADC Pin configuration

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to read analog signals by using the XADC. I have Zynq-7000 board. I could not find the pin assignment document. To input the analog signal to the 16 channels from, vaux0 to vaux15, how should I make the input connection with the XADC Header?

Thanks a lot. :)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: XADC Pin configuration

Jump to solution
I'm not sure which device you are referring to. Pins with ADxP or ADxN suffix on the I/O name in the package files (can be found at http://www.xilinx.com/support/packagefiles/zynq7000-pkgs.htm) are the aux pins.

You may refer to either zc706 or zc702 board schematics for guidance on how to connect these pins or you may refer to UG480.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
I'm not sure which device you are referring to. Pins with ADxP or ADxN suffix on the I/O name in the package files (can be found at http://www.xilinx.com/support/packagefiles/zynq7000-pkgs.htm) are the aux pins.

You may refer to either zc706 or zc702 board schematics for guidance on how to connect these pins or you may refer to UG480.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

0 Kudos
Visitor oncu
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for the answer. It is Z-7020. I saw the link  below:

http://microzed.org/sites/default/files/documentations/ZedBoard_RevD.2_Schematic_130516.pdf

Still I could not figure out where is bank 35 on the board, how can I make the physical connection of the analog signal with the board?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Can you please share which part you are targeting?

Once you find the pin, you can refer to device diagrams in UG475 to see the physical location of the pins.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor oncu
Visitor

Jump to solution

In page 9, for the XC7Z020_CLG_484 in the bank 35, it shows AD(some_number_X)N or P as input pins. I still dont get where they correspond to on the board. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
I have the same problem , did you manage to configure the I/Os to input an anlog singal to the xadc ?
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@mohamed.omran 

What exactly is your issue? Just share what you are trying to do and board you using to make sure you referring to same board as above. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
It is the same board.
I am trying to interface the xadc IP generated from the wizard with the zync 7000 board. I created the system block and implemented the design but I need to know how to sned input on the board itself as an external voltage.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@mohamed.omran You need to make the necessary circuit to make sure the input is between 0-1 volt for Unipolar operation. 

So based on what you are trying to measure, you may need to scale it using resistor divider network to bring it within the operation range. 

Go through UG480 http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug480_7Series_XADC.pdf and it has the necessary details. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos