cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkozlowitz

XQR5VFX130 and XC5VFX130T super set footprint

Hello,

I want to use the XC5VFX130T for initial debug and then switch out to the XQR5VFX130 for production. The XC5V is a BGA where as the XQR5V is a ceramic column grid array. Document UG520 states that a super set footprint can be used but I am concerned about the pad sizes. UG520 shows the recommended pad size for the CCGA as .80mm where as the document for the BGA (UG195) states a pad size of .45mm. If we design to the CCGA size will the BGA still work on the oversized pads.

Our schematic will be using the super-set pin list starting on page 85 of UG520.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
gnarahar

@jkozlowitz We don't discuss Space Grade devices on forums. 

Tagging @austin to see if he can help you on this. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
jkozlowitz

Thanks, is there somewhere else I should post this question?

Justin

0 Kudos
gnarahar

Discussed here https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Virtex-Family-FPGAs/XQR5VFX130-and-XC5VFX130T-super-set-footprint/m-p/717909#M25452

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos