cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

XUPV2P + DDR 1GB?

Hello everyone,

I have an XUPV2P board which originally comes with a DDR PC2100 256MB (KVR266X64C25/256). Can anyone guide me how to configure the board to work with a DDR PC3200 1GB (K4H510838B)? 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

check here
http://www.xilinx.com/univ/xupv2p_demo_ref_designs.htm
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi balkris,

The XUPV2P Reference Designs only support DDR PC2100 256/512MB. There is no deign for DDR PC3200 1GB.

Thanks for the prompt response.

0 Kudos
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

v2p is the obsolete device . So we don't have anything other design other mention on given link
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
mcgett
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The maximum DDR frequency that is supported for Virtex-II Pro devices is 133 MHz which is the equivalent of PC2100.  You should be fine running the faster (PC3200/200MHz) devices at the slower rate. 

The XUP2VP user guide claims that up to 2GB of memory is supported on the DIMM interface. You will need to configure the PLB DDR memory controller to support the larger depth of 1GB so that the extra two address lines are generated that are not present in your current 256MB controller.  You will also need to make sure that the address lines are assigned to the correct pins on the device. 

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mcgett,

Can you send me a tutorial to configure the PLB DDR memory controller to support a specific DDR module?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
mcgett
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I don't know of one, but the information in the software that you are using to build the Virtex-II Pro PowerPC system should be sufficient.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos