Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
satra0293
Visitor
Visitor

Xilinx Vivado full design license merits

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have Xilinx vivado 2015.2 installed and I will start writing Computation Engines for USRP x310. For that I need a full Xilinx design license.

First of all, I would like to clarify whether the licenses posted at the end of this site are suitable as I am very new to Xilinx based development? And also the version 2015.2 will also be supported, I assume?

The link is provided below. Please check the licenses advertised at the end of this page and let me know if they are suitable

http://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/vivado.html#buy

Thanks,

Satrajit

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
u4223374
Advisor
Advisor

That is the only difference between Design Edition and System Edition these days.

The Xilinx information about System Generator is here. Essentially, it allows for quickly turning Matlab/Simulink models into FPGA blocks and running those in the FPGA. It also includes some handy IP cores that are useful for DSP-style work (eg. digital FIR filter, sine wave generator, etc).

You can also buy System Generator separately, if you buy Vivado Design Edition and then decide that you need System Generator later.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
u4223374
Advisor
Advisor

The Vivado HL Design Edition license is what you need, unless you also want System Generator (mainly for use with Matlab).

Vivado 2015.2 will be supported by a new license, but whenever possibly you should try to use the latest version of the tools (ie 2016.2).

satra0293
Visitor
Visitor

So the "HL System Edition" has "System Generator for DSP" included where
as it is not included in the "HL Design Edition". And also it has support for MATLAB as you said.
Is these the only differences between the options? Also, what is "System
Generator for DSP"?

Regards,

Satrajit

0 Kudos
u4223374
Advisor
Advisor

That is the only difference between Design Edition and System Edition these days.

The Xilinx information about System Generator is here. Essentially, it allows for quickly turning Matlab/Simulink models into FPGA blocks and running those in the FPGA. It also includes some handy IP cores that are useful for DSP-style work (eg. digital FIR filter, sine wave generator, etc).

You can also buy System Generator separately, if you buy Vivado Design Edition and then decide that you need System Generator later.

View solution in original post