Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
u4223374
Advisor
Advisor

Xilinx forums getting titles wrong?

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

Just checking if people have noticed forum thread titles getting messed-up recently. I've seen three threads in the last few weeks where the titles seem to be very different to what their owners intended:

Latest

Middle (this one has been edited by @stacias to fix the title)

Oldest

Has anyone else seen something similar, perhaps estabilishing an earlier date for when it first occurred?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
siktap
Scholar
Scholar

Thanks @u4223374 for bringing this to our attention. We will take a look and update on this. 

Regards

Sikta

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
siktap
Scholar
Scholar

Thanks @u4223374 for bringing this to our attention. We will take a look and update on this. 

Regards

Sikta

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
u4223374
Advisor
Advisor

@siktap Thanks, hopefully nothing too complicated.

I notice that all of the incorrect titles are the first "suggestion" that the forums give when you type in the first two words of the correct title. For example, if you start writing a title with "Low Cost" (as in the oldest thread) then the suggestion is "Low Cost RocketIO Transceiver Kit". If you start with "read DDR" then the forums suggest "AXI-PCIE read DDR data".

This may just indicate user error - the user sees a thread that looks interesting in the suggestions, clicks on it to have a look, and the forums automatically fill in that for their thread title. I'm not sure whether filling that in as the thread title makes sense, as it seems unlikely that the user would want to create a new thread with exactly the same title as an old one.

0 Kudos