UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor gpr_123
Visitor

bitstreem error for kintex 7 fpga

Hi,I am using vivado2014.2 version .

ERROR: [Drc 23-20] Rule violation (LUTLP-1) Combinatorial Loop - 1 LUT cells form a combinatorial loop.
This can create a race condition. Timing analysis may not be accurate.
The preferred resolution is to modify the design to remove combinatorial logic loops.
To allow bitstream creation for designs with combinatorial logic loops (not recommended),
use this command: set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks LUTLP-1].
NOTE: When using the Vivado Runs infrastructure (e.g. launch_runs Tcl command), add this command to a .tcl file
and add that file as a pre-hook for write_bitstream step for the
implementation run. ddr_adc_i/axi_only6_0/U0/data_out_ADC2_reg[13]_i_1.

bitstream error

[Drc 23-20] Rule violation (LUTLP-1) Combinatorial Loop - 1 LUT cells form a combinatorial loop.
This can create a race condition. Timing analysis may not be accurate.
The preferred resolution is to modify the design to remove combinatorial logic loops.
 To allow bitstream creation for designs with combinatorial logic loops (not recommended),
 use this command: set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks LUTLP-1].
NOTE: When using the Vivado Runs infrastructure (e.g. launch_runs Tcl command), add this command to a .tcl file
and add that file as a pre-hook for write_bitstream step for the implementation run.
 ddr_adc_i/axi_only6_0/U0/data_out_ADC2_reg[13]_i_1.

[Vivado 12-1345] Error(s) found during DRC. Bitgen not run.

axi_only6_0  is the IP Core that Ihave created

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: bitstreem error for kintex 7 fpga

Hi @gpr_123

Please see the discussion

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Implementation/DRC-23-20-Rule-Violation-LUTLP-1/m-p/674253/highlight/true#M14370

Thanks,

Sarada

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try to search answer for your issue in forums or xilinx user guides before you post a new thread.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query.
Give Kudos (star provided in right) to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

As error clearly states, your code is creating a combinatorial loop.
Can you open Elaborated/synthesized design and see which portion of your code is creating this?
axi_only6_0 seems to be the custom IP.

Please search the portion of code which is creating this loop.

-Shreyas Aher
Try to search answer for your issue in forums or xilinx user guides before you post a new thread.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query.
Give Kudos (star provided in right) to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Visitor gpr_123
Visitor

Hi Shreyas Aher

yes,axi_only6_0   is the IP that i have created and attached to the required block diagarm. I have seperated adc reading logic code with AXI interface and generated ip  then there is no error in bitstreem, but when i am including adc Reading logic and after generated IP then added to block diagram i am facing  bit streem error  i.e, combinatorial loop

Thanx

gpr

0 Kudos