UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

checking if registers are in IOB

Jump to solution

Using windows vivado 2016.2. I want to check in batch mode if/which regs have gone into the IOB's.

I have followed http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62661.html

I can get the 'IO Reg Type' column in the gui report timing summary following the instructions above as per attached file.

However, I cannot get the IOB information out on a report file using -batch mode tcl scripts. I've tried...

report_datasheet -file $outputDir/post_route_datasheet.rpt

....and....

report_timing_summary  -file $outputDir/post_route_timing_summary.rpt -delay_type min_max -report_unconstrained     -check_timing_verbose -max_paths 10 -input_pins -datasheet -name timing_1

....and.....

report_io -file $outputDir/post_route_io.rpt

Is it possible to get a report of check that will indicate if regs are in IOB's? I have attached my  simple project.

.......Steve

vivado.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: checking if registers are in IOB

Jump to solution

HI @steve_farmer

There is no inbuilt tcl command for this as of now.

You can go to Tool--> Xilinx Tcl store. and Install Ultrafast Design Methodology kit. (as shown in the attachment)

The following command  will output a table in which the last column shows the IOreg info for each port.
xilinx::ultrafast::report_io_reg

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
Capture.JPG
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

HI @steve_farmer

There is no inbuilt tcl command for this as of now.

You can go to Tool--> Xilinx Tcl store. and Install Ultrafast Design Methodology kit. (as shown in the attachment)

The following command  will output a table in which the last column shows the IOreg info for each port.
xilinx::ultrafast::report_io_reg

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
Capture.JPG
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Downloaded the app from the TCL store as suggested and added this line to my tcl build script after place and route.....

xilinx::ultrafast::report_io_reg -verbose -file $outputDir/post_route_iob.rpt

...and I now have a report that indicates whether pin IOB's are being used.

I am still surprised this isn't part of the standard pin/io reports but I supposed this is exactly what the TCL store is for.

Thanks....Steve

0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Jump to solution

were all amazed its still not built in in the standard report.

but hay,with TCL  you can do everything,

0 Kudos
Newbie ncubed01

Jump to solution

This script is not compatible for Xilinx Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSOC. How come we cannot perform this simple task with Vivado? ISE was  better at this task than Vivado. place_report_io should list which I/O is in the IOB by default!

What is the solution for Xilinx Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSOC? 

Here is my output from running this tcl script:

INFO: [Common 17-660] Loading Tcl app 'ultrafast' into namespace {xilinx::ultrafast}
xilinx::ultrafast::report_io_reg -verbose -file ./results/io_regs.rpt.rpt
-E- architecture zynquplus is not supported.
-E- some error(s) happened. Cannot continue

Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Jump to solution

With TCL and scripts, u can solve anything. 

Ah my days on UNIX and VMS are not wasted. 

0 Kudos