Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

high impedance setting of FPGA(XC6SLX45-CSG324) pins for HDMI EDID

Hello.

i`m read all the document in forum.
as a result. I can find this webpage as solution(http://www.joelw.id.au/FPGA/DigilentAtlysResources)

that page  note that if you are using HDMI DDC pass-through, you will need to set the corresponding FPGA pins (C13 and A13, D9 and C9) to

high impedance in your constraints file or else they will load the bus

but I can not set FPGA(XC6SLX45-CSG324) pins (C13 and A13, D9 and C9) to high impedance in my constraints file.

I am continue to waste my time to find a method over 2 month.

Please tell me . how can I set FPGA pins to high impedance in my UCF file or verilog code to transmit Monitor EDID in Atlys board

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Re: high impedance setting of FPGA(XC6SLX45-CSG324) pins for HDMI EDID

In this context high-impedance requires that you configure these pins for output only with tri-state control and in tri-state mode without pull-up or pull-down resistors. You can accomplish this into two ways: dont use the IO at all in your design but add a constraint in UCF so disable the default pull-down ISE puts. Or use the io as an input in your design and make sure it's not optimized out so that it's not treated as unconnected. A third option is to change the default pull to none (ie set pullnone option during bitgen) but this is not advisable as all your unused pins lose their pull-downs which is not a good thing.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: high impedance setting of FPGA(XC6SLX45-CSG324) pins for HDMI EDID

first, thank you for your replying to my question. 

I am sorry that my response lately because I went business trip for days.

I tested with your proposal( two ways) but I failed.

I show you that my setting for your two ways.

YOUr FIRST WAY:  dont use the IO at all in your design but add a constraint in UCF so disable the default pull-down ISE puts.

My setting : 

NET "HDMIIN_1SCL" LOC="D9" | IOSTANDARD=LVCMOS33

NET "HDMIIN_2SCL" LOC="C9" | IOSTANDARD=LVCMOS33

YOUR SECOND WAY :   use the io as an input in your design and make sure it's not optimized out so that it's not treated as unconnected

My setting

module dvi_demo {

input  HDMIIN_1SCL, 

input  HDMIIN_2SCL

.... }

wire HDMIIN_1SCL, 

wire HDMIIN_2SCL

I am very wonder that my setting is good or not. 

Please check my setting for your method as EDID communication.

0 Kudos