Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

microblaze cross-compiler SDK 2016.1

Hello,

I am trying to run a number of applications of both the PS7 main CPUs and an embedded microblaze soft core.

Occasionally when I compile downloaded code (such as openssl), I get error during microblaze compile with missing libraries or header files.

This has led me to poke around in the SDK/petalinux installation.

What is the difference between microblaze-xilinx-elf and microblazeel-xilinx-linux-gnu? I understand there are little endian and big endian versions, but both of these are little endian I think so why have both?

Best reagrds,

Andy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: microblaze cross-compiler SDK 2016.1

I think I may have answered my own question so apologies for using forum time.

It appears that the microblazeel-xilinx-linux-gnu is used for petalinux projects and gives support for such things as pthread, whereas other microblaze projects (such as those using FreeRTOS) will use the other compiler microblaze-xilinx-elf.

Careful choice of the correct compiler and now my projects all compile ok!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: microblaze cross-compiler SDK 2016.1

Some reference that I've found helpful:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/124265/arm-linux-gnu-gcc-vs-arm-linux-gcc

The naming convention for cross compiler's not concrete since there can be so may variants.

But for you're specific case - it's a "bare-metal" (microblaze-xilinx-elf) vs. full on peta-linux (microblaze-xilinx-linux-gnu) supported compile, I believe

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos