cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

possible to allocate 64K bytes of data in artix 7 series FPGA

can any one tell me Is it possible allocate 64K bytes of data in artix 7 series FPGA? and how do I allocate?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @honnappabr,

You can use BRAM.

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

BRAM will use 32 kilo bits. I need 64 kilo bytes

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @honnappabr,

You can cascade BRAMs .

Please go through page-120 onwards on http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_1/ug901-vivado-synthesis.pdf

You can modify the depth and width in the templates given in UG901, tool will infer BRAM if the values are above the threshold.

Thanks,
Arpan
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

The block RAMs store 32 kilobits each. To store 64 kilobytes, you simply put two in series (two block RAMs can work together to give you a 64 Kbit array), and then put eight of those in parallel. A total of 16 block RAMs for 64KBytes.

0 Kudos