UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Highlighted
Scholar

"Interesting" search suggestions on the Xilinx forums

Hi @stacias (and everyone else),

Just raising a minor issue that the Xilinx website/forum team might want to have a look at. When you do a search on the Xilinx forums, you sometimes get a search suggestion. Currently this takes what seems like a reasonable Xilinx-related search term ("Zynq is a Virtex" - I was trying to find an old post where someone asked whether they were equivalent) and suggests something utterly meaningless ("zen is a vortex").

Would it be possible to have this function changed so that it actually makes Xilinx-related suggestions? For example, if a user has written "zync" or "zinc" or "zinq", suggest that "Zynq" might be a more suitable term. "vertex" is probably a mis-spelling of "Virtex". I've frequently seen "Artix" mis-spelled as "Atrix", and "Vivado" as "Vivaldo". This seems like something that could well improve results a lot, whereas changing my "Zynq is a Virtex" search to "zen is a vortex" most likely will not... (it did actually find three instances where people wrote "vortex" instead of "virtex").

Topics: 4
Kudos: 207
Solutions: 222

Re: "Interesting" search suggestions on the Xilinx forums

Thanks Evan for this feedback. A great thought!

Let me review this with our stakeholders and see whats possible to implement.

Regards

Sikta