UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

"Your XILINX environment variable is undefined" / Planahead 14.7/Windows 7/Webpack

Jump to solution

Hello,

I downloaded and installed the webpack, with no issue during installation.  When I start PlanAhead 14.7, I get the following error message:

"Your XILINX environment variable is undefined. You will not be able to run Synthesis and Implementation using ISE based strategies, or import ngc netlists. Please setup your XILINX environment to get full functionality."

I ran the settings32.bat file as per the instructions in the manual, and it makes no difference.

I tried adding an environment variable called c:\xilinx (as I've seen on another), and I get "\xilinx\bin\common\bin does not contain 64bit files", or something along those lines.  I notice there's a user variable called "No_Xilinx_Data_License" (the value of which says "hidden"), even though I do have a valid .lic file that I specified in the license manager.

What am I doing wrong?  This is getting quite frustrating...I'd much rather be doing VHDL than fighting PlanAhead and Windows for hours trying to make them work together.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Re: "Your XILINX environment variable is undefined" / Planahead 14.7/Windows 7/Webpack

Jump to solution
What kind of license do you have?

Make sure the license files are installed properly. Check pages 51 and 52 of the following guide to install the license correctly
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/irn.pdf
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Re: "Your XILINX environment variable is undefined" / Planahead 14.7/Windows 7/Webpack

Jump to solution
What kind of license do you have?

Make sure the license files are installed properly. Check pages 51 and 52 of the following guide to install the license correctly
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/irn.pdf
0 Kudos