cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

read an mjpeg file from COMPACT FLASh

i have to implement an mjpeg decoder into virtex 5 (ml507) ,i have putted my mjpeg file(iceage.mjpeg) in the comapct flash ...but its is impossible to read the file from when i try to dowload my executable.elf in 

i want to khnow why??? khowing that i don't have any problem with the code and the hard architecture (it cantain all modules needed by the soft) and i have my out put tft  in oredr to display my vidéo 

thank you in advance to give me a sollution 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Visitor
Visitor

Re: read an mjpeg file from COMPACT FLASh

please can any one help me

thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

keep debugging

please can any one help me

thank you in advance

Your problem description is too vague.  You haven't narrowed down the possible problems to one or two areas, yet.

Continue debugging.  Separate what does work from what does not work.  Start from a working design, and make small changes.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: keep debugging

hello everyone,

Iwill explain more my project: i have an architecture of an mjpeg decoder also the software code ( there is no error until the build of project) .In order to acheive this application i store an mjpeg file called 'iceage.mjpeg' in the compact flash memory (with copy-->paste  in the cmact flash with a reader memory)after that  i put it in its support on the card xilinx and i try to dowload the bitstreame but when i launch the XMD DEBUG(EDK ) and see   the result in  the  hyperterminale   i found that  fecthprocess(wich is a function) is enable to open the mjpeg file .Thus this file mjpeg is

unreadable with the compact flash?.So what can i do to make the compact flash able to read this mjpeg file and thank you to answer for my question as soon as possible.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi,

does "is enable" mean "isn't able"?

Anyway...

Your design seems to be something complex including some Microprocessor, and peripheral hardware as well as some special core for MJPEG decoding. Maybe even some HW/SW-codesign mixture.

Now it's almost impossible for someone not familiar with that system to help you when your only description is "File X can't be opened".

The cause can be in a wrong hardware setup as well as wrong filesystem drivers or even a typo in the file path.

Just anything.

As Bob said, you need to narrow down the cause of the error. Therefore you have to reinspect  your whole system design. From jumper settings to XSP settings and design up to your software configuration, doubt everything and check it carefully.

Have a nice synthesis

Eilert

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Does the CompactFlash have a filesystem?
If so, does the software running on the microprocessor in your FPGA understand how to use it?

------------------------------------------
"If it don't work in simulation, it won't work on the board."
0 Kudos