Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pavan.phb@live.com
Adventurer
Adventurer

udp/ip stack sp605

Hi all,

after generating the TEMAC logicore in xilinx Planahead.

it will generate one example design also so now my question is i have added all the files generated by TEMAC logicore to send some data and capture it in wireshark. upto this it was working now i want to add the UDP/IP stack to that MAC, can any one suggest me how to add that kind of things onto the TEMAC using vhdl.

Please suggest me ASAP.

Regards,

Pavan Patil
0 Kudos
6 Replies
muzaffer
Teacher
Teacher

you can checkout here: http://opencores.org/project,udp_ip__core
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
htsvn
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

If you want to use an Embedded Processor with the ethernet IP, EDK does provide a library service by name LWIP

This has the IP stack and can be integrated along with Ethernet IP's EDK provides.

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
pavan.phb@live.com
Adventurer
Adventurer

thanks for your reply,

I have one question in example design of TEMAC i.e. how to give padding in the existed data that i need to capture in wireshark. and where to add the padding.

Regards,

Pavan Patil
0 Kudos
yenigal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

The MAC inserts the padding if you have not set the user supplied FCS bit in the configuration register and if you have set this bit

then you need to pad with zero data bytes at the end of the data to make the frame  as per the spec to have minimum length of 64bytes.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
pavan.phb@live.com
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi satish,

I am just running the default code generated by TEMAC IP core when i run that example code in wireshark for capturing the data upto destination address is given by me and the next data is comming as junk in that place i want to send my own data. how to pad that data into that example design.

destination add          source add                junk data

0000     00 a0 35 02 c0 e2     00 24 81 16 a6 86   01 d2   d2 d1

in that junk data i want to replace with my own data in the code this where can i give.

the above mentioned stream is the captured data from wireshark.

Regards,

Pavan Patil
0 Kudos
yenigal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Pavan,

Create separate thread for different queries.

The data you are seeing in the Wireshark in Pattern generator data from the example design.

If you want to send you own data then you need to disable the pattern generator and modify the example design to drive the user interface with your own data.

you can find more details on the user interface data driving in PG051

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos