UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer syed_radiation
Observer

vc707 board files "xml" installation

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am struggling to find vc707 board installation files. Recently, I bought vc707 evaluation kit. I am looking for board files in "xml" so that while I create a project using vc707 (similar like other board, e.g. Nexys Video in picture attached) it can automatically find all peripherals constraint files.

Can you pls. send me the link to download the files?

Thanks for your kind help.

Regards

Syed 

vivado_vc707_installation.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: vc707 board files "xml" installation

Jump to solution

Hi @syed_radiation,

Can you please check in the install directory in path similar to below if you are able to see VC707 <install_directory>\Xilinx\Vivado\2016.2\data\boards\board_files

It seems you have installed the webpack version of the tool. That's why VC707 is not installed. I am only seeing webpack parts in the snapshot shared by you. To confirm the same please share the output of Tcl command "get_parts".

Please install Vivado Design edition/System edition to access this architecture. 

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.JPG
2.JPG
6 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi @syed_radiation,

Please refer the below link 

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/53599.html

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answer-navigation/device/boards-and-kits.html

Thanks,

Sarada

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@syed_radiation What is the vivado version you have installed on your system? Vivado installation should come up with Xilinx Evaluation boards. Did you delete any directories? 

-Pratham

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@syed_radiation,

By default vc 707 board should be displayed in Vivado GUI. Did you delete any folder in Xilinx install directory?

Can you try reinstalling Vivado?

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @syed_radiation,

Can you please check in the install directory in path similar to below if you are able to see VC707 <install_directory>\Xilinx\Vivado\2016.2\data\boards\board_files

It seems you have installed the webpack version of the tool. That's why VC707 is not installed. I am only seeing webpack parts in the snapshot shared by you. To confirm the same please share the output of Tcl command "get_parts".

Please install Vivado Design edition/System edition to access this architecture. 

Thanks,
Arpan

1.JPG
2.JPG

Jump to solution

Hi @syed_radiation,

Did you try out the suggestions given in my earlier reply?

Thanks,
Arpan

0 Kudos
Observer syed_radiation
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. I noted that Vivado webpack doesn't support VC707 board package while Vivado design suite supports it. 

Thanks for the comments. 

0 Kudos