UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acromag’s XMC-7K family of Kintex-7 FPGA modules suit Aerospace and COTS apps

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
0 2 133K

Acromag’s XMC-7K family of XMC modules based on Xilinx Kintex-7 FPGAs deliver configurable and reconfigurable, high-performance processing capability for aerospace, defense, and other COTs systems. Build options include the choice of a Xilinx Kintex-7 XC7K325T or XC7K410T FPGA device with 326,080 logic cells and 840 DSP48E1 slices or 406,720 logic cells and 1540 DSP48E1 slices respectively. The boards also incorporate 8Gbytes of DDR3 SDRAM in a 64-bit-wide configuration and 64Mbytes of 16-bit parallel flash memory for MicroBlaze soft processor program/data storage or other non-volatile storage needs.

XMC-FPGA-K7-family.jpg 

There are three boards in the Acromag XMC-7K series:

XMC-7K AXM: Supports both front and rear I/O. The rear I/O connectors carry 16 high-speed serial lanes, 34 SelectIO channels, and two global clock pairs connected directly to the Kintex-7 FPGA’s I/O pins. You can configure the high-speed serial lanes for PCIe Gen 1/2 (standard), Serial RapidIO, 10G Ethernet, or the Xilinx Aurora protocols. SelectIO pins can be configured as single-ended (LVCMOS, HSTL, or SSTL) or as differential pairs (LVDS, HT, LVPECL, BLVDS, HSTL, or SSTL). A P4 rear connector carries another 60 SelectIO pins plus an additional two global clock pairs. The front I/O port supports the company’s line of AXM analog, digital, and multi-function I/O extension modules.

Acromag XMC-7K AXM Board Block Diagram.jpg

XMC-7K CC: A conduction-cooled version of the XMC-7K series with rear I/O ports similar to the port on the XMC-7K AXM board. The rear I/O connectors carry 16 high-speed serial lanes, 34 SelectIO channels, and two global clock pairs connected directly to the Kintex-7 FPGA’s I/O pins. A P4 rear connector carries another 60 SelectIO pins plus an additional two global clock pairs.

Acromag XMC-7K CC Board Block Diagram.jpg

XMC-7K SERIAL: Supports both front and rear I/O. The rear I/O connectors carry 12 high-speed serial lanes, 34 SelectIO channels, and two global clock pairs connected directly to the Kintex-7 FPGA’s I/O pins. Front I/O consists of two SFP+ connectors that accept Gigabit Ethernet or Fibre Channel optical modules. An optional 36-pin connector with JTAG and USB ports plus 11 LVDS signal pairs and two global clocks.

Acromag XMC-7K Serial Board Block Diagram.jpg 

2 Comments