cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arty Z7: Digilent’s new Zynq SoC trainer and dev board—available in two flavors for $149 or $209

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
0 0 48.8K

I’ve known this was coming for more than a week, but last night I got double what I expected. Digilent’s Web site has been teasing the new Arty Z7 Zynq SoC dev board for makers and hobbyists for a week—but with no listed price. Last night, prices appeared. That’s right, there are two versions of the board available:

• The $149 Arty Z7-10 based on a Zynq Z-7010 SoC
  • The $209 Arty Z7-20 based on a Zynq Z-7020 SoC

Digilent Arty Z7.jpg 

Digilent Arty Z7 dev board for makers and hobbyists

Other than that, the board specs appear identical.

The first thing you’ll note from the photo is that there’s a Zynq SoC in the middle of the board. You’ll also see the board’s USB, Ethernet, Pmod, and HDMI ports. On the left, you can see double rows of tenth-inch headers in an Arduino/chipKIT shield configuration. There are a lot of ways to connect to this board, which should make it a student’s or experimenter’s dream board considering what you can do with a Zynq SoC. (In case you don’t know, there’s a dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore processor on the chip along with a hearty serving of FPGA fabric.)

Oh yeah. The Xilinx Vivado HL Design Suite WebPACK tools? Those are available at no cost. (So is Digilent’s attractive cardboard packaging, according to Arty Z7 Web page.)

Although the Arty Z7 board has now appeared on Digilent’s Web site, the product’s Web page says the expected release date is March 27. That’s five whole days away!

As they say, operators are standing by.

Please contact Digilent directly for more Arty Z7 details.

Tags (3)