UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Hands on: Watch YouTube video maker “takeshi i” create an IoT device using a Zynq-based, $199 Digilent Zybo Z7 dev board

by Xilinx Employee ‎01-17-2018 11:15 AM - edited ‎01-17-2018 11:19 AM (20,665 Views)

A YouTube video maker with the handle “takeshi i” has just posted an 18-minute video titled “IoT basics with ZYBO (Zynq)” that demonstrates an IoT design created with a $199 Digilent Zybo Z7 dev board based on a Xilinx Zynq SoC. (Note: It's a silent video.)

First, the YouTube video demonstrates the IoT design interacting with an app on a mobile phone. Then video takes you step-by-step through the creation process using the Xilinx Vivado development environment.

The YouTuber writes:

“I implemented a web server using Python and bottle framework, which works with another C++ application. The C++ application controls my custom IPs (such as PWM) implemented in PL block. A user can control LEDs, 3-color LEDs, buttons and switches mounted on ZYBO board.”

The YouTube video’s Web page also lists the resources you need to recreate the IoT design:

Here’s the video: