UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI extends RIO controller OEM offerings with three new LabVIEW-compatible sbRIO cards based on the Xilinx Zynq SoC

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
0 0 42.7K

National Instruments (NI) has pushed its RIO (reconfigurable I/O) controllers further into the embedded OEM world with last week’s introduction of three new LabVIEW-programmable sbRIO cards (single-board RIO) that share a Zynq-based system architecture with the sbRIO SOM (system on module) announced last year. (See “NI’s new Zynq-in-a-box SOM targets embedded development with dual-core ARM Cortex-A9.”) All three of the new sbRIO cards—the sbRIO-9607, sbRIO-9627, and sbRIO-9637—incorporate an industrial-grade Xilinx Zynq Z-7020 SoC, 512Mbytes of DDR3 SDRAM, and 512Mbytes of Flash memory. The smaller card, the sbRIO-9607, and the larger sbRIO-9627 have high-density RIO mezzanine-card connectors on the underside for I/O expansion. The third new sbRIO controller card, the sbRIO-9637, lacks the high-density RIO mezzanine-card connector but has a second IDC connector on the top with additional I/O resources. All three sbRIO cards are programmed using NI’s LabVIEW graphical development environment and LabVIEW FPGA.

Here’s a photo of NI’s three new sbRIO products:

NIs New Single-Board RIO Controllers 2015.jpg

NI’s new Zynq-based sbRIO-9627, sbRIO-9637, and sbRIO-9607 LabVIEW-programmable embedded controllers (shown left to right)

And here’s a specifications table for all of the Zynq-based NI sbRIO products including the sbRIO-9651 SOM:

NI sbRIO Specifications 2015.jpg

Tags (2)