cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photonfocus introduces 640x512-pixel SWIR industrial camera capable of 300 frames/sec—powered by Artix-7 FPGA

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
0 0 27.6K

Photonfocus has just introduced two cameras that specialize in seeing in the SWIR (short-wave IR, 930nm to 1700nm) spectral range to its huge and growing line of industrial cameras. The company’s MV3-D640I-M01-144 cameras are based on the Sofradir SNAKE low-noise InGaAs image sensor with 640x512-pixel resolution with a 12-bit, grayscale output. CameraLink or GigE interfaces are available. SNR is said to be as much as 1200:1 and the camera can operate at 300 frames/sec at full resolution. A global shutter makes µsec-long exposures possible even at the camera’s highest frame rate and permits a constant frame rate independent of exposure time.

Photonfocus MV3-D640I-CL SWIR camera.jpg 

Photonfocus MV3-D640I-M01-144-CL camera based on Sofradir SNAKE low-noise SWIR image sensor

Like many of the company’s industrial cameras, the MV3-D640I-M01-144 cameras employ a Xilinx All Programmable device—an Artix-7 FPGA in this case—to interface to the image sensor and to give the camera some of its programmable, frame-rate features. For this camera, that means as many as 256 configurable regions of interest, which enables hyperspectral applications.

For information about other Photonfocus industrial cameras, see:

Tags (2)