UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Rincon Research’s Raptor, a 2x2 MIMO SDR based on the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoc, operates from 70MHz to 6GHz

by Xilinx Employee ‎12-18-2017 01:42 PM - edited ‎12-18-2017 01:58 PM (26,423 Views)

The Raptor from Rincon Research implements a 2x2 MIMO SDR (software-defined radio) in a compact 5x2.675-inch form factor by combining the capabilities of the Analog Devices AD9361 RF Agile Transceiver and the Zynq UltraScale+ ZU9EG MPSoC. The board has an RF tuning range of 70MHz to 6GHz. On-board memory includes 4Gbytes of DDR4 SDRAM, a pair of QSPI Flash memory chips, and an SD card socket. Digital I/O options include three on-board USB connectors (two USB 3.0 ports and one USB 2.0 port) and, through a mezzanine board, 10/100/1000 Ethernet, two SFP+ optical cages, an M.2 SATA port, DisplayPort, and a Samtec FireFly connector. Rincon Research provides the board along with a BSP, drivers, and COTS tool support.

Here’s a block diagram of the Raptor board:

Rincon Research Raptor Block Diagram.jpg

Rincon Research’s Raptor, a 2x2 MIMO SDR Board, Block Diagram

Here are photos of the Raptor main board and its I/O expansion mezzanine board:

Rincon Research Raptor Board.jpg 

Rincon Research’s Raptor 2x2 MIMO SDR Board

Rincon Research Raptor IO Mezzanine Board.jpg 

Rincon Research’s Raptor I/O Expansion Board

Please contact Rincon Research for more information about the Raptor SDR.