UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zynq-based Omnitek Ultra XR Advanced 4K/UHD Waveform Analyzer helps prepare video for 4K/UHD distribution

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
0 0 43.7K

Last month at the NAB 2016 show in Las Vegas, Omnitek announced the Ultra XR Advanced 4K/UHD Waveform Analyzer, designed for colorists, post-production editors, and other content creatives preparing material for 4K/UHD distribution. Like the company’s Ultra 4K Tool Box, the Ultra XR Advanced 4K/UHD Waveform Analyzer is based on a Xilinx Zynq Z7045 All Programmable SoC. Key features of the Ultra XR Advanced 4K/UHD Waveform Analyzer include:

• True 4K flat frequency response waveform analysis, vectorscope, and histograms
  • High Dynamic Range (HDR) inputs: ST2084 / PQ and Hybrid Log Gamma
  • Wide Color Gamut RGB: ITU-R BT.2020
  • CIE color gamut chart option
  • Selectable region of interest
  • 12-bit 4:4:4 SDI input formats in digital levels and nits luminance scales, Y’Cb’Cr’, R’G’B’, and X’Y’Z’
  • Comprehensive standards support—up to quad 3G, dual 6G, and 12G-SDI; 2-sample interleave; and square division formats
  • Comprehensive ancillary and audio analysis

Omnitek Ultra XR Advanced 4K Waveform Analyzer.jpg

Omnitek Ultra XR Advanced 4K/UHD Waveform Analyzer

Here's a 2-minute video with a short demo of the new product:

Though I know I’m repeating myself, the Omnitek Ultra XR Advanced 4K/UHD Waveform Analyzer is yet another example of a Xilinx All Programmable device serving as a flexible design platform for a range of products or even multiple product lines. In addition, this sort of hardware/software programmable platform allows you to add features at will with no change in your BOM or BOM cost.

Tags (2)