UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

$349, Crowd-Sourced, FPGA-based Numato Opsis Video Dev Platform fully funded. There’s still 35 days to get on board

by Xilinx Employee ‎09-21-2015 01:59 PM - edited ‎01-06-2016 12:45 PM (23,844 Views)

Two weeks ago, I wrote about the $349, Crowd-Sourced, FPGA-based Numato Opsis Video Dev Platform on the CrowdSupply crowdsourcing site (see “Cool, $349, Open-Source, FPGA-based Video Dev Platform supports HDMI, VideoPort, USB, Ethernet”) and stated “…based on my experience with Xcell Daily’s readers, I expect the project will be fully funded by the end of this week.” Sure enough, this very cool video project based on a Xilinx Spartan-6 LX45T FPGA is 120% funded with 35 days left in the funding period. So if you need HDMI in/out, DisplayPort in/out, USB, and Gigabit Ethernet ports for your next project—not to mention a pretty darn good, video-capable FPGA—you still have five weeks to pledge your $349 for one of these bad boys.

Numato Opsis Spartan-6 Video Dev Board.jpg

A: HDMI Out 1

B: HDMI Out 2

C: HDMI In 1

D: HDMI In 2

E: DisplayPort Out

F: DisplayPort In

G: USB 2.0 Device / JTAG Programmer / UART Adapter

H: Expansion Port (TOFE, not PCI-Express compatible)

I: microSD (underside of board)

J: USB 2.0 OTG

K: Gigabit Ethernet

Comments
by Visitor mithro
on ‎09-22-2015 04:41 AM

Thanks for the support sleibso!

The complete design for the board is avaliable, published on GitHub right now under a CC-BY-SA license too!

Labels
About the Author
  • Be sure to join the Xilinx LinkedIn group to get an update for every new Xcell Daily post! ******************** Steve Leibson is the Director of Strategic Marketing and Business Planning at Xilinx. He started as a system design engineer at HP in the early days of desktop computing, then switched to EDA at Cadnetix, and subsequently became a technical editor for EDN Magazine. He's served as Editor in Chief of EDN Magazine, Embedded Developers Journal, and Microprocessor Report. He has extensive experience in computing, microprocessors, microcontrollers, embedded systems design, design IP, EDA, and programmable logic.