UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Avnet’s MiniZed based on single-core Xilinx Zynq Z-7007S is “coming soon” to a Web page near you

by Xilinx Employee ‎04-20-2017 11:14 AM - edited ‎04-25-2017 04:20 PM (14,403 Views)

I got a heads up on a new, low-end dev board called the “MiniZed” coming soon from Avnet and found out there’s a pre-announcement Web page for the board. Avnet’s MiniZed is based on one of the new Zynq Z-7000S family members with one ARM Cortex-A9 processor. It will include both WiFi and Bluetooth RF transceivers and, according to the MiniZed Web page, will cost less than $100!

Here’s the link to the MiniZed Web page and here’s a slightly fuzzy MiniZed board photo:

Avnet MiniZed 2.jpg

Avnet MiniZed (coming soon, for less than $100)

If I’m not mistaken, that’s an Arduino header footprint and two Digilent Pmod headers on the board, which means that a lot of pretty cool shields and Pmods are already available for this board (minus the software drivers, at least for the Arduino shields).

I know you’ll want more information about the MiniZed board but I simply don’t have it. So please contact Avnet for more information or register for the info on the MiniZed Web page.

Labels
About the Author
  • Be sure to join the Xilinx LinkedIn group to get an update for every new Xcell Daily post! ******************** Steve Leibson is the Director of Strategic Marketing and Business Planning at Xilinx. He started as a system design engineer at HP in the early days of desktop computing, then switched to EDA at Cadnetix, and subsequently became a technical editor for EDN Magazine. He's served as Editor in Chief of EDN Magazine, Embedded Developers Journal, and Microprocessor Report. He has extensive experience in computing, microprocessors, microcontrollers, embedded systems design, design IP, EDA, and programmable logic.