UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

MYIR Tech’s Low-cost, $69 Z-turn Lite SBC/dev board features Xilinx Z-7007S—the one-ARMed Zynq SoC

by Xilinx Employee on ‎08-24-2017 11:54 AM (12,526 Views)

MYIR Tech’s 91x63mm Z-turn Lite is a flexible SBC (single-board computer)/dev board that’s offered in a $69 version populated with a Xilinx Zynq Z-7007S SoC with one ARM Cortex-A9 processor core or in a $75 version populated with a dual-core Xilinx Zynq Z-7010 SoC. The two versions of the Zynq SoC are pin-compatible, making it much easier for MYIR to offer two versions of the board using the same pcb layout. Both versions of the Z-turn Lite dev board also include 512Mbytes of DDR3 SDRAM, eMMC Flash memory, QSPI Flash memory, and a TF (SD) card slot.

MYIR Tech Zynq-Based Z-turn Lite Top.jpg 

MYIR Tech Z-turn Lite SBC (single-board computer)/dev board (top)

The above photo of the top of the Z-turn Lite board initially threw me off, as it may you. It looks like the board has a few standard I/O ports (10/100/1000 Ethernet, USB OTG, UART, and JTAG), but no ports that break out the Zynq SoC PL’s (programmable logic’s) many programmable I/O pins for I/O-centric applications such as sensor fusion. That’s why you need to look at the bottom of the board as well because that’s where you’ll find the breakout/expansion connector for an additional 84 PL I/O pins:

MYIR Tech Zynq-Based Z-turn Lite Bottom.jpg 

MYIR Tech Z-turn Lite SBC (single-board computer)/dev board (bottom)

MYIR’s use of the single- and dual-core Zynq SoC with the same board layout gives you a lot of scalability with respect to PS (processing system) horsepower and some scalability with respect to PL capacity. (Feel free to use this trick yourself.) The PL in the Zynq Z-7007S SoC has 23K logic cells and 66 DSP48E1 slices. The PL in the Zynq Z-7010 SoC has 28K logic cells and 80 DSP48E1 slices.

For more information about the Z-turn Lite SBC/dev board, please contact MYIR directly.

Labels
About the Author
  • Be sure to join the Xilinx LinkedIn group to get an update for every new Xcell Daily post! ******************** Steve Leibson is the Director of Strategic Marketing and Business Planning at Xilinx. He started as a system design engineer at HP in the early days of desktop computing, then switched to EDA at Cadnetix, and subsequently became a technical editor for EDN Magazine. He's served as Editor in Chief of EDN Magazine, Embedded Developers Journal, and Microprocessor Report. He has extensive experience in computing, microprocessors, microcontrollers, embedded systems design, design IP, EDA, and programmable logic.