UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Photonfocus introduces 640x512-pixel SWIR industrial camera capable of 300 frames/sec—powered by Artix-7 FPGA

by Xilinx Employee on ‎10-11-2017 11:58 AM (1,465 Views)

Photonfocus has just introduced two cameras that specialize in seeing in the SWIR (short-wave IR, 930nm to 1700nm) spectral range to its huge and growing line of industrial cameras. The company’s MV3-D640I-M01-144 cameras are based on the Sofradir SNAKE low-noise InGaAs image sensor with 640x512-pixel resolution with a 12-bit, grayscale output. CameraLink or GigE interfaces are available. SNR is said to be as much as 1200:1 and the camera can operate at 300 frames/sec at full resolution. A global shutter makes µsec-long exposures possible even at the camera’s highest frame rate and permits a constant frame rate independent of exposure time.

Photonfocus MV3-D640I-CL SWIR camera.jpg 

Photonfocus MV3-D640I-M01-144-CL camera based on Sofradir SNAKE low-noise SWIR image sensor

Like many of the company’s industrial cameras, the MV3-D640I-M01-144 cameras employ a Xilinx All Programmable device—an Artix-7 FPGA in this case—to interface to the image sensor and to give the camera some of its programmable, frame-rate features. For this camera, that means as many as 256 configurable regions of interest, which enables hyperspectral applications.

For information about other Photonfocus industrial cameras, see:

Labels
About the Author
  • Be sure to join the Xilinx LinkedIn group to get an update for every new Xcell Daily post! ******************** Steve Leibson is the Director of Strategic Marketing and Business Planning at Xilinx. He started as a system design engineer at HP in the early days of desktop computing, then switched to EDA at Cadnetix, and subsequently became a technical editor for EDN Magazine. He's served as Editor in Chief of EDN Magazine, Embedded Developers Journal, and Microprocessor Report. He has extensive experience in computing, microprocessors, microcontrollers, embedded systems design, design IP, EDA, and programmable logic.