UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

How to run hello world on a custom board?

Highlighted
Visitor

How to run hello world on a custom board?

Hi,

I want to understand the main difference when programming a board which is configured using a BSP (Ex: ZYBO) and which is configured using only device details(Ex: xc7z010clg400-1). I'm asking because I'm configuring only zynq in the block design with uart1 for hello world application. If I program using ZYBO bsp it works but not if I use only the device details. I need to understand this since my actual project is on a custom z7010 board and not a regular development board and I'm not able to get the uart up and running. I wanted to figure it out on a development board as it is easier to understand.   

I think it is some simple settings detail that I'm missing. Appreciate any help. 

Re: How to run hello world on a custom board?

First, you should validate the MIO connections for UART in PCW.

My guess is that the MIO configuration specified for UART in zynq_processing_system IP in Vivado HW design doesn't match with the hardware. Please check that as a first step. The next step would be to check the baud rate configuration.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.