UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Looking for Xilinx Boards suggestions - Real-time 5G Wireless communication

Highlighted

Looking for Xilinx Boards suggestions - Real-time 5G Wireless communication

I'm looking for an FPGA-based board for real-time wireless communications in a 5G application (Li-Fi).

I've joined a very simple schematic showing the principle. Essentially, the physical part which deals with the analog signals is already made and verified. The processing part has so far been done 'offline' arbitrary waveform generator as the transmitter and an oscilloscope+PC as the receiver. Both the transmitter and receiver functioned at 500 MHz (500 MSps - Samples per second).

Essentially, the whole process needs to now be performed 'online' (in real-time). To attain that goal and speed up the development time i want to use a Xilinx board, or similar. On top of the 500 MHz, the clock also needs to be precise (<<10 ppm). The clock speed might be increased in the future.

So far i've identified the VPX3-530 (from Curtiss-Wright) which is based on a Virtex-7 FPGA and contains a 4 GSPS ADC as well as a 5 GSPS DAC. I've also been redirected to the Zynq-7000. In short, i'm not too sure how to continue and wish to get more suggestions. As there's not much info you can base yourself on, feel free to ask any questions.

I am sorry for my poor English as i'm still in the process of learning the language.

Thanks a lot,

M.

Principle.JPG
Xilinx Employee

Re: Looking for Xilinx Boards suggestions - Real-time 5G Wireless communication

Hi @mmohammedi,

5G...DAC and ADC... looks like a job for the All Programmable RFSoC.

However there is no board available yet (the device is not in production), but you may want to have a look to the documentation

Regards,

Florent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark an answer "Accept as solution" if a post has the solution to your issue.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Looking for Xilinx Boards suggestions - Real-time 5G Wireless communication

It looks exactly like what i need. Thanks for the suggestion @florentw . Sad that it's not available yet.

Thanks,

M.