UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor fulyabirecik
Visitor

AC701 PMBUS Connection

Hello,

I'am trying to monitor Xilinx AC701 demoboard power rails by using Texas Fusion Digital Power Designer software and PMBUS Texas Ins. USB interface adapter. However, when I connected the adapter to the demoboard in order to connect the UCD90120A, all power rails of demoboard are being OFF and I see only 0 V for all power rails. Therefore, I couldn't monitor correctly the power rails. I tried this with 3 different AC701 demoboards and I got the same situation. What is the reason for this? Could you help me? 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: AC701 PMBUS Connection

Hi fulyabirecik,

Does the TI Software detect the devices correctly?

Please send us a screenshot of what you see on the Fusion Digital Power Designer GUI.

Thanks,
Andres

0 Kudos
Visitor fulyabirecik
Visitor

Re: AC701 PMBUS Connection

Yes, it detects both two devices. I added the screen shots to this message. I could connect to the board succesfuly; however, all voltage rails seems "0 V" and all leds over the board are off except power led. I also added the system monitor screen shot during this connection.

In order open all rails, I changed the Control line #1 connected to PMBUS_CONTROL signal.  Its default value is low. When I changed it to high, board brings up and all the voltage rails are properly generated. However, when this happens, USB adapter tool lost PMBUS connection to board. It cannot find any devices. It only finds devices when PMBUS_CONTROL signal is low which means board is not powered.TI_connected.PNGTI_system_monitor_window.PNGTI_CNTRL1_high.PNG

TI_CNTRL1_high.PNG
TI_connected.PNG
TI_system_monitor_window.PNG
0 Kudos