UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie kalpanam

Artix-7 AC701

Jump to solution
We're interested in using the Artix-7 AC701 eval board for a product we're developing this year. I just have a few questions on both the technical and non-technical side. Could you help answer these for me?

1) Do you have any startup deals or discounts, or specials for YC companies?
2) We're interested in simultaneously communicating over the PCIe and FMC connectors. Is this possible?
3) We need a 60 bit wide bus transferring data at 20 MHz between the FPGA fabric and RAM that was previously written via the PCIe interface. Is this possible?
4) Can we generate a 1.8 V clock signal at 25 MHz?

Thanks so much for your help.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: Artix-7 AC701

Jump to solution

(1) Not as far as I know.

(2) Yes, definitely.

(3) Yes, that should be easy. 60-bit * 20MHz is only 150MB/s, which is not much data by modern standards.

(4) Yes, that should be easy, but keep in mind that the whole FMC port will probably have to be at one voltage - if you generate a 1.8V signal on there, all your FMC I/O has to be 1.8V.

3 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Jump to solution

(1) Not as far as I know.

(2) Yes, definitely.

(3) Yes, that should be easy. 60-bit * 20MHz is only 150MB/s, which is not much data by modern standards.

(4) Yes, that should be easy, but keep in mind that the whole FMC port will probably have to be at one voltage - if you generate a 1.8V signal on there, all your FMC I/O has to be 1.8V.

Newbie kalpanam

Jump to solution

And 1 more question to this list.

5) We would like a 1.8V, 3.6V and a 4V power from the eval board to our ASIC. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

A caution: the AC701 comes configured with VADJ (VCCO_ADJ) set for 2.5V I/O. You will need to get the TI PMBUS tools to change that to 1.8V, or get out the soldering iron like I did to change the default VADJ voltage to 1.8V. I have posted on this subject recently. Xilinx response at the time was basically "it will void your warranty" which, while truthful, was not useful.

More here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Evaluation-Boards/Changing-the-AC701-VADJ-the-hack-ish-way/m-p/926165#M20255

If time is of the essence or you're soldering-iron challenged you may want to consider the VC707 instead which has VADJ natively 1.8V.

The AC701 FMC connector provides VADJ as well as 3.3V and 12V so you have those options to power your ASIC. If your 4V need is low you may consider a local boost reg to make it vs. stepping down from 12V.

0 Kudos