UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie scwoo80

Cable connection failed...W​ARNING:iMP​ACT:923 - Can not find cable, check cable setup !

Hi again

I'm using ISE 10.1 License version & XC3S4000(Opal Kelly XEM3050 USB Board) & Window7 32bit

I did generate bit file but I got a cable connection failed error like below

case 1. Cable Auto Connect

case 2. Initialize Chain

How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance

1. Cable Auto Connect

==================================================​=============================================

GUI --- Auto connect to cable...
// *** BATCH CMD : setCable -port auto
AutoDetecting cable. Please wait.
PROGRESS_START - Starting Operation.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT1).
Checking cable driver.
 Driver windrvr6.sys version = 8.1.1.0. WinDriver v8.11 Jungo (c) 1997 - 2006 Build Date: Oct 16 2006 X86 32bit SYS 12:35:07, version = 811.
Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT2).
Checking cable driver.
 Driver windrvr6.sys version = 8.1.1.0. WinDriver v8.11 Jungo (c) 1997 - 2006 Build Date: Oct 16 2006 X86 32bit SYS 12:35:07, version = 811.
Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT3).
Checking cable driver.
Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT4).
Checking cable driver.
Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB21).
Checking cable driver.
 Source driver files not found.
The Platform Cable USB is not detected. Please connect a cable.If a cable is connected, please disconnect
and reconnect to the usb port, follow the instructions in the 'Found New Hardware Wizard', then retry
the Cable Setup operation.
Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB22).
Checking cable driver.
The Platform Cable USB is not detected. Please connect a cable.If a cable is connected, please disconnect
and reconnect to the usb port, follow the instructions in the 'Found New Hardware Wizard', then retry
Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB23).
Checking cable driver.
Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB24).
Checking cable driver.
Cable connection failed.
PROGRESS_END - End Operation.
Elapsed time =      2 sec.
Cable autodetection failed.
==================================================​=============================================

2. Initialize Chain

PROGRESS_END - End Operation.
Elapsed time =      3 sec.
Cable autodetection failed.
WARNING:iMPACT:923 - Can not find cable, check cable setup !

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Cable connection failed...W​ARNING:iMP​ACT:923 - Can not find cable, check cable setup !

There are two likely conditions that are causing your problem.

1) The ISE 10.1 software does not support Windows 7, you will need to upgrade to 12.3 for support

2) You have connected directly to the USB port on the XEM3050 and this can not configure the PROM or FPGA. 

- You need a Xilinx JTAG cable either the PC-IV or USB.

Also, this should be in the "3rd Party/Other Boards and Kits" as the XEM3050 is not produced by Xilinx.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cable connection failed...W​ARNING:iMP​ACT:923 - Can not find cable, check cable setup !

Windows 7 isn’t officially supported until ISE tools version 13.1. You can find more details in http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/35072.htm

However, I believe most core functions should work with Windows 7 in case of ISE12.3 tools
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

I also use Xilinx 10. The cable works in ISE but not in EDK (though I installed EDK with drivers)!

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

-------------------------------------------
this space intentionally left blank
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

For EDK cables, I downloaded the Virtual Machine and ran WinXP. Though, it is slow and does not support SDRAM anyway (despite of tha claims that EDK 10.1 sp3 must do it).

0 Kudos