UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Can we get the license for ZCU111 board before we receive the board?

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

We purchased ZCU111 board from Xilinx. The order was placed a few weeks ago and we haven't received the board yet.

I just found that we need license in Vivado 2018.2 to support device "xczu28dr", so that I can build some projects for this board.

From the Xilinx website I found that the ZCU111 board comes with a node-locked license for this device. Is it possible to get the license before we get the board?

Thank you.

Regards,

Tong

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can we get the license for ZCU111 board before we receive the board?

Jump to solution

Hello @onlinext

If you have full license of your VIVADO then you should automatically have access to all the RFSoC devices.

6.JPG

can you please check if you selected all the parts under device section while installing the tool ?

It's true that ZCU111 board files are not present for VIVADO 2018.2 but RFSoC devices are still accessible if you have complete VIVADO license.

You can check this from help-> Add design tools and devices section in your installed vivado.

Hope this helps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Jump to solution

@onlinext I'm pretty sure you can get a 30-day Vivado Evaluation license which allows access to all chips except for the engineering sample ones. Might be worth giving that a try.

Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi @u4223374,

Thanks for your reply.

We already have valid license for Vivado 2018.2. The problem is that we lack the license for ZCU11, whose part number is XCZU28DR.

An evaluation license for this device will be good. Could you tell me how to get it?

Thank you.

Regards,

Tong

0 Kudos
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Jump to solution

@onlinext If your 2018.2 license isn't device-locked, then you just need to install the 2018.2.1 update (which adds support for the XCZU28DR).

If it is device-locked (eg. included with another development board) then an evaluation license is required. It's been a while since I did this, but I think that you just login to your account, head to the licensing section, and then you can generate the license.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi @u4223374,

Thank you very much.

I'll try it.

Regards,

Tong

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @onlinext

If you have full license of your VIVADO then you should automatically have access to all the RFSoC devices.

6.JPG

can you please check if you selected all the parts under device section while installing the tool ?

It's true that ZCU111 board files are not present for VIVADO 2018.2 but RFSoC devices are still accessible if you have complete VIVADO license.

You can check this from help-> Add design tools and devices section in your installed vivado.

Hope this helps.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi @kvasantr,

Thank you very much.

I just confirmed with the IT department that we don't have valid license for Vivado 2018.2. I thought Vivado 2018.2 shares the same license as Vivado 2015.4, but actually they don't.

Regards,
Tong