Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

Cannot connect ZC702 and XM105

Jump to solution

Hi,

I try to use XM105 for debugging  the signal from ZC702 evaluation borad. I connected XM105 to ZC702 shonw as attachedment. Aftert XM105 connection, I cannot open device from vivado. However, disconnecting XM105, I can open device.

Is there any setting for connectiong XM105?

The three good leds on XM105 is lighted. 

Picture

picture.jpg

After connecting XM105

[vivado]connected_XM105.jpg

Before connecting XM105:

[vivado]Not_connect_XM105.jpg

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ura_hiro 

Can you please check jumper settings at J5 of XM105 board? Make sure TDO, TDI pins are connected through jumper.

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @ura_hiro ,

I checked at my end, JTAG Chain was established when i plugged XM105 Card on HOPC and LPC Connectors of ZC702 Board.

There is no extra setting you need to do when you connect FMC Card to ZC702 Board. When an FPGA mezzanine card (FMC) is attached to J3 or J4 it is automatically added to the JTAG chain through electronically controlled single-pole single-throw (SPST) switches U25 and U26. The SPST switches are normally closed and transition to an open state when an FMC is attached. Switch U25 adds an attached FMC to the JTAG chain as determined by the FMC1_HPC_PRSNT_M2C_B signal. Switch U26 adds an attached FMC to the JTAG chain as determined by the FMC2_LPC_PRSNT_M2C_B signal The attached FMC card must implement a TDI-to-TDO connection using a device or bypass jumper to ensure that the JTAG Chain connects to FPGA present on ZC702 Board.

Can you confirm once Jumper settings are fine by referring this ZC702 Debug Checklist ?

Is XM105 card is working in another board ? So that we can eliminate issue with FMC Card.

After attaching the FMC Card, Try slowing the TCK Frequency to 3 MHz and let us know if the JTAG Chain is established(share the snapshot). For more information on reducing the TCK Frequency refer page 36 of UG908 (v2019.2).

Regards,
Deepak D N
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution, If it helps.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Hi ddn,

Thank you for your advices. However, I couldn't resolove problem yet.

> Can you confirm once Jumper settings are fine by referring this ZC702 Debug Checklist ?

I checked the jumper pin. Jumpper pin is same as Default Jumper Settings.

> Is XM105 card is working in another board ? So that we can eliminate issue with FMC Card.

I changed both XM105 and ZC702 board. The result is not changed.

> After attaching the FMC Card, Try slowing the TCK Frequency to 3 MHz and let us know if the JTAG Chain is established(share the snapshot). For more information on reducing the TCK Frequency refer page 36 of UG908 (v2019.2).

I opened Open Harware Tagert and select Local Server shown as attached picture. But there is no list in Hardware Devices. I cannot set the 3MHz for connect. Is there wrong?

Open_New_Hardware_Target_result.jpg

Addtionally, I connected the FMCOMMS3 to ZC702 for checking FMC interface. FMCOMMS3 is works well.

BRs,

Hiroyuki

0 Kudos

Hi @ura_hiro 

Can you please check jumper settings at J5 of XM105 board? Make sure TDO, TDI pins are connected through jumper.

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

Visitor
Visitor

Hi Rohit,

Thanks you for your help. I could resolve the problem by your reponse.

BRs,

Hiroyuki

0 Kudos