UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant sarahleony
Participant

Cannot get rfd0476-zcu111-rf-dc-eval-tool-2019-1 Example Programs Working

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am reaching out to see if anyone has been able to get the example program "rfdc-data-write" to work from the xilinx package rdf0476-zcu111-rf-dc-eval-tool-2019-1 working using the following guide: https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/130973731/PetaLinux+Build+Tutorial+for+2019.1. I have followed the instructions multiple times and cannot get it to run without throwing errors as previously posted about. Has anyone gotten it to work?! Or any of the other rfdc example programs for NON-MTSDesign flow?? I am utterly lost as to why it doesn't work when the 2018.3 worked flawlessly. I am trying to use those programs as a base for my application and just modify it. It worked for 2018.3 but there was an issue on the reader side that was apparently fixed in 2019.1, but so far I can't even get the base example to run so I can't modify it for my application...

Please send me working bsp for you all or if anyone has gotten the rfdc-data-write-program working using petalinux and the above posted guide.

Thank you,

Sarah

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot get rfd0476-zcu111-rf-dc-eval-tool-2019-1 Example Programs Working

Jump to solution

What files are you copying to the SD card? Copy over the files i have highlighted in the image below. In 2019.1 we switched from manually having to load different contents to the SD card for different images, to the images being selectable through the evaluation tool. 

Then in the evaluation tool you can switch to the mts/non-mts design. 

If this doesn't work, take a couple screenshots of your errors.

Capture2.JPG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Jump to solution

What files are you copying to the SD card? Copy over the files i have highlighted in the image below. In 2019.1 we switched from manually having to load different contents to the SD card for different images, to the images being selectable through the evaluation tool. 

Then in the evaluation tool you can switch to the mts/non-mts design. 

If this doesn't work, take a couple screenshots of your errors.

Capture2.JPG

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

Participant sarahleony
Participant

Jump to solution

This was fixed my issue! I was using the same process of manually copying the image.ub and BOOT.BIN files into the SD card and got the metal error, now it works as expected. I am not planning on using the GUI as I just wanted the base functions for using the RF-DAC and RF-ADC to read and write. I am going to generate my own custom data to send out of the transmitter and to recieve. Thank you for the help!!! 

0 Kudos