Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Catch-22 Licensing Issue

Jump to solution

I am tring to generate a node license for the KC105 Eval Kit. The kit has no dongle I can find so I presume I must use either disk serial number or Ethernet MAC. I used wmic to obtain a serial number but the licensing popup doesn't seem to recognize it as a valid serial number because the Add Button stays gray and the text field continues to be outlined in red with a red ! indicating that it is not a recognizable serial number. The ? next to host ID says that the best way to obtain a host ID is by running the license manager that is presumably part of the the software that I am unable to download because I must have some info that it generates before I can download it. Where can I go from here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

You don't need a license to download Vivado; anyone with an account can download it (link). You can also install without a license. Once it's installed, you should be able to use the license manager to do what you need.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

You don't need a license to download Vivado; anyone with an account can download it (link). You can also install without a license. Once it's installed, you should be able to use the license manager to do what you need.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I realized this after I made my post. It is downloaded and installed.

0 Kudos