Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zincbear
Visitor
Visitor

Clocking Issues with ML523 Board - No outputs at TXN/TXP in GTP Tiles

Hi there!

My team and i are currently experimenting with the ML505 and ML523 boards. 

So far, we have managed to output 1 Gbps and 1.5 Gbps signals from the TXN/TXP outputs of the ML505 board very easily, using the RocketIO Wizard.  However using the same settings (except that we changed the chip model from xc5vlx50t to xcl5vlx110t), we are unable to obtain any output from the ML523 board - yes, nothing at all from TXP/TXN.

Is it possible that there is no output stream because there is no in-built clock on the ML523 board?  But i see two xtal oscillators on the board.  Hence, it should be able to use these clocks to clock out the data.  Its very puzzling.  Inputs from everyone is well-appreciated!

Thank you! 

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
mcgett
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The ML523 does have two oscillator sockets on the board. X1 is a 30MHz clock for SystemAce and doesn't connect to the FPGA.  X2 is a 50MHz clock that can be used for general logic.

However, the MGTs on the board should be using the MGT REFCLK SMA inputs.  The ML523 includes a multi-frequency clock source, SuperClk, module that is installed on the XGI connectors specifically to provide the reference clock for the MGTs.

It sounds like you have a setup problem. 

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos