Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Common subset of FMC pins across all Xilinx eval boards

Jump to solution

Does anyone know if there is a common subset of FMC pin connections (HPC and LPC) that are guaranteed to be implemented on all Xilinx eval boards?

Thanks,
Tom

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks for the quick response. I understand that they differ by the bank connections, but what I was asking is this:

Is there a defined set of VMIC standard signals that is guaranteed to be implemented on all dev boards? By 'implemented' I mean that the LPC or HPC pin is connected to a signal on the dev board.

As an example, on every dev board with FMC, the common set of implemented LPC connector pins likely includes the VMIC signals VADJ, at least one clock, 3P3V, and most or all GNDs.

As another example, on the ZC706 board the HPC connector implements the signal pairs LA00 through LA39. On the ZCU102 board the HPC connector implements only LA00 through LA33. The common set is LA00 through LA33.

Hope this is clear,

Tom

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hello @tgschneider

FMC pin connections on all Xilinx Evaluation boards is not similar.

They differ board to board by the bank connections. The only common thing is the VITA standard followed while implementing the HPC and LPC connectors.

Thank You

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks for the quick response. I understand that they differ by the bank connections, but what I was asking is this:

Is there a defined set of VMIC standard signals that is guaranteed to be implemented on all dev boards? By 'implemented' I mean that the LPC or HPC pin is connected to a signal on the dev board.

As an example, on every dev board with FMC, the common set of implemented LPC connector pins likely includes the VMIC signals VADJ, at least one clock, 3P3V, and most or all GNDs.

As another example, on the ZC706 board the HPC connector implements the signal pairs LA00 through LA39. On the ZCU102 board the HPC connector implements only LA00 through LA33. The common set is LA00 through LA33.

Hope this is clear,

Tom

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @tgschneider

As far as I know we have not documented anything like this.

You will need to compare schematic and board UG for such answers.

Thank You

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos