cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data storing on PL configuration of zedboard

Zynq is used for generating data packets and i want to trasfer these packets and store it on PL side. How to achieve this ???. I am new to this area. Can some one help me out with this please like how to configure my PL to store my data packets. 

I know AXI is used to transfer data from ps to pl. But want to know to configure the same to achieve this.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rsey
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

make a BRAM on the PL and write your packet data onto it from the PS. Keep in mind that BRAM capacity is limited.

This link might help: https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842146/Zynq-7000+AP+SoC+-+Using+BRAM+for+Additional+On-Chip+Memory+Tech+Tip

\Razi
-- Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution --
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

shivugiriyapur20@gmail.com,

It depends on the data you want to store. You have not provided much info on that.

If very small then distriburted RAM can be used, else use a BRAM as mentioned in the above post.

If your data volume is huge you need to use an external DDR* memory.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

Hi dpaul24. Thank you for your kind response.
I need to trasfer 100000 packets, which is 128 bytes each and approximately 12 MB of data whole data.
0 Kudos