Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Determining the Pin Information on a DAC

Hello Xilinx Forums.

I'm a university student and have recently gained access to the ML605 Virtex 6 Device as well as a DAC, the Analog Devices AD9129. I'm at a point where I have impemented several tests of the fpga and now am confident in my ability to program the board through Xilinx ISE. My question is how might I be able to incorporate my new DAC, which is designed to connect to the ML605 through the HPC-LPC connection port, into the pin map of my VHDL script?

I have the data sheet for the the DAC (http://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/AD9119_9129.pdf) but am unsure of what specified connections on the data sheet would go with outputs given by the ml605.ucf. 

I've also found a basic DSP project for just this fpga and dac with a bit file already compiled, https://wiki.analog.com/resources/fpga/xilinx/interposer/ad9129. I've programmed the board with this bit file and yes, it does work and I generate a single frequency on the spectrum analyzer. It's just that I don't know how I might be able to re-appropriate this bit file into a functional program so that I can create more advanced DSP programs. The downloaded BIT file comes in a directory with many other .v files. Is tere a way I can edit this compiled code?

Thnaks in advance, Donald

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Determining the Pin Information on a DAC

Hey again, maybe this question is more specific and better to be answered.

I have an open source bit file that I know worls on my fpga. However, I wish to be able to edit that program. Is there any way that I can decompile the bit file so that I can edit it in ISE?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Determining the Pin Information on a DAC

@dhersam  Is there any way that I can decompile the bit file so that I can edit it in ISE?

No, you can't. Don't you have the source files for the project? If you do, you can edit the source files to whatever edits you plan to make. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos