UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor amer_c
Visitor

Ethernet on Nexys3 board

Hello,

I can not get Nexys3 to function its integrated Ethernet Phy in any mode. I tried RMII mode (RXD2/RMIISEL kept high with a pullup resistor using the .ucf file  with '<NET> ....... | Pullup') with settings as in datasheet but nothing to indicate if the Ethernet Phy is active. I have a router (DHCP) and it does not detect the board.

The nRST is kept high by logic. I also added a switch input to reset it manually.

The Tx and Rx LEDS are not functionning on the RJ-45 connector.

The PhyClk25Mhz output has no signal (converted by logic and sent on to a LED).

The PhyTxClk has no signal (connected to the 25MHz crystal on board).

The bank 0 power jumper is set to 3.3 V.

Some configuration signals are kept low or hight by default by pull up/down resistors. To change the default configuration would another pullup/pulldown resistor in .ucf file be enough or must tie signal to Vcc or GND ?

What is missing ?

Thanks

AC

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor amer_c
Visitor

Re: Ethernet on Nexys3 board

Hi,

Is there a simple way to verify that the Phy is functional ? According to the data sheet the Digilent board has a 25 MHz crystal X3 at the input CLKIN of the Phy chip LAN8710Ai. The same clock pin is connected to an IO pin N4 of the FPGA. I used this pin as input and divided its frequency and displayed it on a LED (shows nothing). Could it be a faulty crystal X3 ?

Any help ?

AC

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Ethernet on Nexys3 board

I know it has been almost three years. But Did anyone got the solution for this? I am also stuck exactly at this point.

Thanks

Goutham

0 Kudos