UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie turbalan

Execute C code on the FPGA of a ZedBoard - how to do it?

I have a C code, I put it to the ZedBoard and it works very well, the ARM processor compiles it and I got the expected result.
However, I want to put one of the functions of this C code to the Zynq FPGA and I have absolutely no idea what are the steps that I should follow to do it. Can you please explain how can I put a C code on the FPGA?

I know I should use an AXI interface between the CPU and the FPGA.
Also, in my C code I use multiplication of floats, and so I suppose I would need an IP to be able to do this multiplication in VHDL.

What are the other steps I should follow and in what order should I do them in order to execute a piece of the C program on the FPGA?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: Execute C code on the FPGA of a ZedBoard - how to do it?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I'd also guess you would find SDSoC tool useful:
http://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/software-zone/sdsoc.html
www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Newbie turbalan

Thank you for the fast reply! Both answers will be useful to me.

0 Kudos
Visitor pro.he
Visitor

hello, i'm a beginner,and i also have a c code( It's a bit complicated, it have a header file declares some custom structure),and i want the c code run in the ARM (in Zedboard), i donnot know how to do , could  you give me some guidance?Thank you very much!

0 Kudos