UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer arpit.rathi
Observer

GTX Transciever loopback using example design on KCU105 with FINISAR SFP module

Hi,

I am trying to use the example design of Ultrascale Transceiver wizard to perform a loopback (line rate = 1.25Gb/s) through a single SFP module (TX and RX pairs are shorted on the RJ-45 connector). The design runs fine on simulation but gives unexpected RX data in hardware. 

I have double checked the GTX transceiver pins, sys_clock source and GTREF_clock source and other clock constraints. There are no timing violations. I am not sure of the issue here. Could anyone provide any insights on this?

Regards,

Arpit 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: GTX Transciever loopback using example design on KCU105 with FINISAR SFP module

Hi,

As a first step you try to test the transceiver using IBERT core. 

https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/ibert_ultrascale_gth.html#documentation

If you couldn't find any issue in it we can confirm that there is no hardware related problems. Then we can go for next troubleshooting steps. 

Regards,

Reshma 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Re: GTX Transciever loopback using example design on KCU105 with FINISAR SFP module

Hi @arpit.rathi 

Do you have an update to this?

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos