Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Gerbers XtremeDSP Development Platform, Spartan-3A DSP 3400A Edition

Hello,

Where can I find the Gerbers for the XtremeDSP Development Platform, Spartan-3A DSP 3400A Edition?

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards

Marco

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Gerbers XtremeDSP Development Platform, Spartan-3A DSP 3400A Edition

Gerbers are not provided for this board.  Why would you need them?

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I need the distance (in mills) between the two FMC connectors to develop my own PCB.

Without the gerbers, It is not possible to measure the distance between these two connectors exactly.

That's the reason why I need the gerbers!

Best regards,

Marco

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The distance would be set to the exact value that is specified in the VITA 57.1 FMC Specification.

https://www.vita.com/online-store.html

You could also examine the distances using the ML605 Allegro BRD files that are provided as this board also has double wide FMC capability.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

I need the distance (in mills) between the two FMC connectors to develop my own PCB.

Without the gerbers, It is not possible to measure the distance between these two connectors exactly.

I'm just guessing --

• It may be that the exact distance is not as important as the knowledge that the distances from the FMC connector to the FPGA pins are (more or less) exactly matched.  In other words, the layout skew is more important than the absolute length.

• If the VITA spec includes proscribed trace length from FMC connector to FPGA pin, then it stands to reason that ANY VITA-compliant board should match all other VITA-compliant boards in this respect.  If this is the case, then the Gerbers for any VITA-compliant board would give you the information you seek.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I don't think that the OP was interested in the trace lengths (and this is not specified in the VITA spec), but in the physical layout distances between the two FMC connectors so that they could create a double-wide FMC module to plug into the board.  These distances are part of the FMC specification to ensure mechanical compatibility between Carrier Cards and FMCs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

I don't think that the OP was interested in the trace lengths (and this is not specified in the VITA spec), but in the physical layout distances between the two FMC connectors so that they could create a double-wide FMC module to plug into the board.

Thank you for snapping me back to reality, Ed.  This makes sense, completely.

Having said that, I can cheerfully boast that -- although my rationale was completely and utterly mistaken -- my assertion is proven:  the Gerbers for any VITA-compliant double-connector board should provide the information which is sought.

I can now revel in the warm comfort of being completely right -- by accident rather than by intent (and not the first time, I might add).

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello,

Yes, I am interested in the physical layout distances between the two FMC connectors so that I can create a double-wide FMC module to plug into the board. 

Thank you for your answers.

Marco

0 Kudos