Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Getting started with Spartan-3A DSP 3400 FPGA Video Starter Kit

Hello,

I am working on a project with Spartan-3A DSP 3400 FPGA Video Starter Kit. I am trying to write a software using camera_frame buffer which would find differences between apple and a pear. I am just at start and I am trying to obtain some image statistics like for example average RGB values, I studied code and header files in camera_frame_buffer project, also looked through all tutorials, but they only describe the .c files, I can't find any descriptions of functions or any instructions on how to obtain any values of the image. Tried to find traces of functions from processing menu/image statistics which present minimum and maximum RGB values, but I had no luck finding anything. If anyone have any tutorials, examples or any information that could help me in this situation please give any links or send to me by e-mail: dj.ploogas@gmail.com.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

I'm afraid you need to design your own image process codes. I think that design is just a buffer.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

In the camera_frame_buffer / processing menu there is a function that presents minimum and maximum RGB values at present moment, I found that function in the vsk_processing_menu.c and it seams to read variables like "r_min_val", "r_max_val" from interface, I tried to find the roots of these variables in other source files, I thought I wil find a way to obtain RGB values of a frame, but I only was able to find them in vsk_camera_vop_plbw.c and they seem to link to some kind of address in memory. I'm afraid these functions are burried deep in the design of demos, I can't find any information about obtaining basic frame informadion in any of manuls so far.

0 Kudos