cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can i get the USB driver of the ML507 development platform?

when i connect the usb cable to the PC,it promote me to install usb driver(cypress EZ-OTG),but where can i download it?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Are you talking about the peripheral USB connection on the ML507 to connect to your PC?

I looked around for this type of configuration, but couldn't find any examples.  I don't think Xilinx provides much info on the peripheral connection, only for the master connection.  I couldn't find anyone else on the Internet who provided an example of using this type of configuration, either.

I ended up using ethernet on the board to communicate with a PC instead.  If you need to transfer data between the PC and your ML507, it will probably be easier to use the serial or ethernet interfaces, which I think are more standard.  I've certainly found much more information on these two interfaces.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

fourthspace wrote:
when i connect the usb cable to the PC,it promote me to install usb driver(cypress EZ-OTG),but where can i download it?

The driver needed to use a USB peripheral depends entirely on the USB device class to which the peripheral belongs. So nobody can tell you what driver you need until you tell us this class information.

Right now it looks as if the device is unconfigured and it is expecting the DFU driver so it can load device firmware which after enumeration will tell the host its class.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

hello,now i have the same problem with you,i have no idea with the USB chip(cy7c67300) fireware driver code,Have you resolve your problem?and could you share your experience?Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I am using the ML402 board with the same USB Chip (CY7C67300).

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=14316

Go to "Download CD-ROM image"

This has everything you should need to get the Cypress chip running. There is a driver that should install itself automatically if you have the board connected to the PC via USB. The hard part is getting a firmware application running on the chip. 

First you must decide if your application will run by itself on the chip (standalone) or communicate with the rest of the ML board (coprocessor)

http://www.cypress.com/?docID=4505

That should get you started. See the "Docs" folder for more information. Search for "DE1", "DE2", "DE3", "DE4" in the Docs folder to see the different design examples.

Firmware source code is located in C:\Cypress\USB\OTG-Host\Source\stand-alone

0 Kudos