UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

How to activate "Ethernet with SFP" on KINTEX KC705?

Hi,

I'm try to implement the Ethernet with SFP port on the Kintex 7 whereas I am new to Ethernet concept. I am using EthernetLite and Lightweight IP (lwIP) -TCP/IP networking stack

Trying to do

1. Data captured at PC using Hercules Setup

2. Data received from DAQ is mapped to lwIP on KC705

SFP port is routed to the external SFP cage through FMC connector, and we knew the optical SFP port is working fine, since we implemented Xilinx Aurora communication successfully.

Can anyone explain me or can anyone share your Ethernet project for my reference. I have attached the block diagram.

Ethernet.PNG
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scholar ronnywebers
Scholar

Re: How to activate "Ethernet with SFP" on KINTEX KC705?

maybe a basic question/quick check, but did you check the jumper settings? UG810 table 1-15, on some eval boards the SFP cages are disabled by default.

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

@ronnyweber

Sorry, i am unable to understand you. Please be clear .

0 Kudos
Scholar ronnywebers
Scholar

here are some screenshots of the KC705 user guide UG810 :

kc705a.jpg

kc705b.jpg

• so J4 should be set. Also note that the signal 'SFP_TX_DISABLE' should be properly controlled. You can measure this signal easiliy on J4.
  • also J27/J28 should be set correctly for your application.

Also there seems to be a difference on v1.1 boards (P/N are swapped), don't know which version of board you have :

kc705c.jpg

note that I don't have a KC705,

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
Explorer
Explorer

Do anyone has any Example project on "Ethernet with SFP" on KINTEX KC705? Please share me or explain me what modules should be added.

I am going to microblaze and lwip for data communication, and Kintex board.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

I have established communication between two boards through Aurora, but now i need to communicate multiple boards through Optical SFP instead of Aurora. So, can you share your Example design "Ethernet With SFP on KINTEX 705" for my reference. It will be helpful.

0 Kudos