Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

IBERT GTX DESIGN ZC706 - NO LINK

hello ,

I went to an interview, I was given zc706 board setup and FM-S18 to test the functionality of the GTX transceivers. I tried to follow the steps give in the below link

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zc706/2013_2/zc706-ibert-xtp243-2013.2-c... 

but the error i got is Capture.PNG

I tried my level best to solve the issue but tough luck i cannot do it .

luckily I got the second chance to show the design , i have to show it on this wednesday.

few things i want to make it clear 

Are FM-S18 and ZC70 enough to test the gtx transceivers?

since above document says that we need extra hardware setup like http://hitechglobal.com/Accessories/PCIExpress_Test_Board.html

to test the gtx transceivers ..

how should re-solve this issue now ? 

Please reply as soon as u can 

Thank you 

sahitya venkatayogi

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sahitya,

Which version of vivado are you using? Can you please try 2014.1 if you are not using it?

If that doesn't help then generate a PCIE core and see if you are able to establish the link between the PCIe and FPGA. If this works, then compare the GT attributes given in IBERT with the PCIE attributes.

Regards,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
Highlighted

Hi,

You will need optical fiber connectors to create a loopback connection at FM-S18 card. If they are not present, you could check with GT internal loopback options.

Are you sure about the transceivers that connects the FM-S18 optical modules to the Zynq device? You should be generating the IBERT design for the same transceivers.

Have you tried with GT internal loopback optons? FM-S18 has optical modules. Have you connected optical cables to make a loopback connection?

Thanks,
Srinadh
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hello Krishna,

Thank you so much for your reply .I had an interview on last friday. I was given a set up that has ZC706 and FM-S18 on it. Do i require an extra hardware setup to establish a link between pcie core and FPGA? If yes, there was no other setup given other than ZC706 and FM-S18. 

I don't think so I am using VIVADO 2014. I am given a second chance on this wednesday to implemt the IBERT design .I will try with vivado 2014 on next wednesday.

Thank you so much krishna

regards

Sahitya venkatayogi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hello srinad,

Thank you so much for your reply.I am trying to create the design IBERT GTX bank 111 and 112 .How should i make sure what transceivers are connecting to FM-S18 ?

Have you tried with GT internal loopback optons? FM-S18 has optical modules. Have you connected optical cables to make a loopback connection?

I am not pretty much sure about above topic.

Its the first time using this kit . if u dont mind can you elaborate the above topic?

Thank you so much 

0 Kudos