UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor andy.qualls
Visitor

Instantiating an IBUFGDS on the SGMIICLK inputs of the ML605

I am attempting to implement a design on the ML605 Eval Board.  However, when I attempt to place an IBUFGDS using the SGMIICLK at the H5 and H6 loccations I get a PACK1107 error.

Obviously, looking at the ML605 schematics the signals SGMIICLK_Q0_P and SGMIICLK_Q0_N are routed to H5 and H6.

The master ucf file contained in the board documentation has those signals placed at those locations.

Am I attempting to instantiate the wrong kind of input buffer?  Is there some other setting that I am overlooking?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Professor
Professor

Re: Instantiating an IBUFGDS on the SGMIICLK inputs of the ML605

If these pins are a GTP or GTX reference clock, then you need to use an IBUFDS without the "G".

The IBUFGDS is only for fabric global clock inputs.

-- Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Visitor andy.qualls
Visitor

I modified the instantiation and changed it from an IBUFGDS to IBUFDS and I still get the same error.

0 Kudos
Professor
Professor

Can you post the complete text of the Pack error?  Note that if the error has multiple

lines, you may not see all of it in the messages view or the error tab.  Then instead

you should look directly at the report file for the full text.

-- Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

>  when I attempt to place an IBUFGDS using the SGMIICLK at the H5 and H6 loccations I get a PACK1107 error.

You are using the wrong primitive.  The V-6 GTX User Guide, UG366, documents the correct usage in the Reference Clock Input Structure section which is a IBUFDS_GTXE1

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos