cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is Arty right for my application

Jump to solution

To start, I have no experience in FPGAs. I do have experience with microcontrollers and I am trying to learn about FPGAs.

I have briefly looked at Arty and it looks promising. We are working on a design project with the following GPIO requirements. Input data through ethernet or USB at about 24 Mbits/s. Put the data in Arty's buffer. Take the first three bytes and put the output on 24 GPIO pins. Using an external clock at 1 MHz, update to the next three bytes on every clock cycle.  WIll Arty work for this type of application?  Am I near its limits? Thank you very much

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Re: Is Arty right for my application

Jump to solution
you can implement all of this with a microblaze processor and lwip on an arty board. It's not going to be trivial but a decent challenge.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Jump to solution
you can implement all of this with a microblaze processor and lwip on an arty board. It's not going to be trivial but a decent challenge.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your response. I did some reading and now I have a handle on their functionality.

Regards,

0 Kudos