UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer yawenluo16
Observer

JESD "getTransceiverType" Bug

I'm using JESD204 IP Core in Vivado 2019.1 / 2018.3, which targets at ZCU102. No matter I use the IP Example Design, or with my own Block Design, I've always got the following error message: 

[IP_Flow 19-3554] GUI update of parameter PARAM_VALUE.TRANSCEIVER failed.invalid command name "getTransceiverType"

But the tricky part is even having the error occurred, the whole design can still complete the Synthesis, Implementation and Bit Generation successfully without any termination. And each time when I open the JESD204 core trying to modify the configurations, the error message will duplicate once. (Error number + 1)

According to my knowledge, this results from a bug from the core, where inside the configuration page, the "Transceiver Type" is set to GTHE4(correspond to my boards ZCU102, different boards have different type bonds to) and cannot be changed. So when I double click that Core, a background command like getting related parameters and shows it on GUI will be activated, resulting in getting an error message above. But this should be fine, and won't affect the following designs. We can just ignore it.

My doubts: Does anyone come to the same issue as me?

Here, I just wanna some experts to support my suppose. Otherwise, convince myself I was wrong, and there are bugs in my design. 

Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: JESD "getTransceiverType" Bug

I get the same error.

I am still trying to implement it though:)

0 Kudos
Observer pink12345
Observer

Am also getting same type of error with Zcu706.

Funny part is JESD is not transmitting any comma characters, even though I have configured it correctly.

Did you have same issue. How did you make it work.

Pl help.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos

How did you probe it?

0 Kudos
Observer pink12345
Observer

I probed it using chipscope.

But now Am getting comma characters out of from JESD.However sync is not always high. it goes high and low and then completely low.

0 Kudos